Funder: Foundation for Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Due Date: November 01, 2017
About the Award
- The Justus Lehmann Research Grant is funded by contributions made in Dr. Lehmann’s memory, along with new donor gifts.
- Award will be presented at the 2017 Association of Academic Physiatrists Annual Meeting.
- Information about the grant recipient and his/her paper may be published in the Foundation UPDATE Newsletter and/or other publications. Additional items may be included in electronic and print materials produced by the Foundation for PM&R.
- Award is a grant for research on a topic related to biomechanics/biophysics in the field of physical medicine and rehabilitation.
- Appropriate topics include (but are not limited to) the Biomechanics of gait, prosthetics and/or orthotics, and the Biophysics of modalities.
- Applicant and/or at least one co-investigator must be members of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AAPM&R) or the Association of Academic Physiatrists (AAP).
- Application must be submitted on the Justus Lehmann Research Grant Application Form and must include a concise statement of the purpose of the project; anticipated outcomes; proposed budget (showing other sources of cash and in-kind support); and a letter of support from the sponsoring institution. Please also include your Curriculum Vitae.
- Indirect costs should comprise no more than 10% of the budget.
- All applications must be typed. No hand-written applications will be accepted.
- Complete application must be e-mailed or postmarked no later than November 1, 2017.
- E-mail your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications submitted by fax or mail will not be accepted.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Awards and Grants Review Committee. Their decisions shall be final. Winner(s) will be notified by December 15, 2017.
- Awardee must commence his/her project in a timely fashion. The awards of recipients who are unable to proceed with the proposed scope of work and/or with the terms and conditions of the award may be revoked.
- Awardee must submit a complete programmatic and fiscal report of his/her project to the Foundation for PM&R within 24 months of the notification date for the award.
- Awardee must notify the Foundation for PM&R of any presentations and/or publications that result from this work. All presentations and publications must acknowledge support from the Foundation for PM&R.