Funder: PKD Foundation
Due Date: January 31, 2018
For decades, the PKD Foundation has funded research aimed at accelerating treatments to patients so that one day no one will suffer the full effects of polycystic kidney disease. The Foundation has released a Request for Applications (RFA) for Fellowships, to be funded for $60,000 a year for two years (pending submission of first year report).
The PKD Foundation is interested in fostering research in the area of polycystic kidney disease with the goal of furthering our understanding of the physiological, biochemical and genetic mechanisms of this disease. This fellowship is designed to allow trainees to obtain significant research experience as they initiate careers in polycystic kidney disease research.
Fellows may submit a proposal that examines any aspect of polycystic kidney disease biology. Applicants must:
- Hold an M.D. or Ph.D or the equivalent degree.
- May not have completed more than three years of research training (excluding clinical training) after completion of the M.D. (or equivalent) or postdoctoral research training after the Ph.D. at the time the award begins.
- Complete research under the direction and mentorship of a sponsor.
- Not hold another full fellowship award although institutional supplemental support is acceptable.
- Commit a minimum of 75% of time to research during the fellowship period.